SENATE BILL NO. 333
AS AMENDED BY SENATE AMENDMENT NO. 1
AN ACT TO AMEND CHAPTER 5, TITLE 11 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO CERTAIN REQUIRED REGISTRATIONS.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE (Two-thirds of all members elected to each House thereof concurring therein):
Section 1. Amend Chapter 5, Title 11, Delaware code by adding thereto a new section as follows:
11316 Registration of out-of-state liquor agents.
(a) In order to promote and protect the public safety and the peace of the community, by reason of the presence of many persons engaged in the enforcement of the laws of other states, any agent, employee, or representative of another state shall register with the Delaware Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission not less than 30 days in advance of each entry Into a county for the purpose of observing any alcoholic beverage sales.
(b) At the time of registration the person shall provide the following information:
(1) A written statement setting forth the identity of the out-of-state official;
(2) The purpose of the intended entry into the County;
(1) The make, model, and license number of each and every vehicle to be used in the conduct of any surveillance activity;
(2) The specific establishments at which surveillance will be conducted; and
(3) The specific times for surveillance of each establishment.
(c) Any person who registers shall be issued a certificate of registration which must be retained in the possession of the person during all Investigative or surveillance activities.
(d) Any person who fails to register as required by this section, or who having registered violates any provision of this section, shall lose the right to register or the person's registration, as the case may be, for a period of six months.
(e) Any person who, during the period imposed by subsection (d) of this section violates this section, is guilty of a violation."
Approved June 27, 1994