SENATE SUBSTITUTE NO. 1
SENATE BILL NO. 114
AN ACT MAKING A ONE TIME SUPPLEMENTAL GENERAL FUND APPROPRIATION OF TEN MILLION DOLLARS TO THE OFFICE OF THE BUDGET FOR THE CREATION OF A FEDERAL CONTINGENCY FUND.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE :
Section 1. There is hereby appropriated $10,000,000 in General Funds to Executive, Office of the Budget (10-02-01) for a “Federal Contingency Fund”. It is the intent of the General Assembly that these funds be used to offset various reductions in federal programs administered by state agencies occurring as a result of the federal budget process. Requests for the use of these funds shall be directed to the Budget Director and the Controller General, and shall contain but not be limited to the following information:
1. Federal Program Title and CFDA Catalog number;
2. Description of the program including a Fiscal Year 2005 budget, a listing of all positions, program performance measures and a cost/benefit analysis of the program;
3. Amount of the projected shortfall for state Fiscal Year 2006 and future years (if available);
4. Actions taken by the state agency to mitigate the potential shortfall;
5. Estimate of termination pay payable should Federal program funding be eliminated or significantly reduced.
Section 2. Requests for funding through the Federal Contingency Fund shall require the approval of the Budget Director, Controller General and co-chairs of the Joint Finance Committee after consultation with the Joint Finance Committee. It is further the intent of the General Assembly that any approval for funds is applicable solely for Fiscal Year 2006 and does not in any way constitute funding support for such program in ensuing fiscal years.
Approved June 30, 2005