BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE:
Section 1. Amend § 2050(a), Title 15 of the Delaware Code by making deletions as shown by strike through as follows:
§ 2050. Registration through state agencies.
(a) Registration through the Division of Motor Vehicles.
(1) In addition to registration as provided for elsewhere in this chapter, each application for a motor vehicle driver's license under the laws of Delaware (including any renewal application) shall serve as an application for voter registration.
(2) An application for voter registration submitted under paragraph (1) of this section shall be considered as updating any previous voter registration by the applicant.
(3) An applicant for a motor vehicle license may decline in writing to be registered to vote by way of the application for a motor vehicle driver's license. The fact that an applicant has declined to be registered through the motor vehicle application process shall not be used for any purpose other than voter registration.
(4) Applications for a motor vehicle license shall include as a part of the application a voter registration component. The voter registration component may not require any information which duplicates information required in the motor vehicle license component other than a second signature or information listed in paragraph (a)(5)a. of this section. If the applicant desires not to register to vote, the transmission of an electronic record will notify the Department of Elections of the applicant's intention.
(5) The voter registration component of the motor vehicle license application shall contain:
a. The minimum amount of information necessary to ensure the prevention of duplicate voter registrations and preserve the ability of election officials to determine eligibility of the applicant and otherwise administer voter registration and the election process;
b. A statement setting forth voting eligibility requirements and an attestation that the applicant meets the requirements;
c. The signature of the applicant under penalty of perjury; and
d. No requirement or notarization or other formal authorization.
(6) Any change of address form submitted to the Division of Motor Vehicles shall serve as notification of change of address for voter registration purposes
unless the registrant states on the form that the change of address is not for voter registration purposes.
Approved May 28, 2014