§ 5301 Establishment.
(a) A state health and welfare center, to be known as "Governor Bacon Health Center,'' shall be maintained.
(b) The Center shall have the exclusive use of all buildings, structures, utilities and improvements erected on the tract of land on which it is located, as well as all equipment, supplies and other personal property located on or in any improvement erected thereon for the purposes of the Center as described in this chapter.
§ 5302 Mental hygiene clinic.
The Department of Health and Social Services may establish at the Center a mental hygiene clinic to be composed of such professional assistants as may be recommended by the Secretary of the Department of Health and Social Services. The Secretary shall be the directing head of the clinic.
§ 5303 Sections within Center.
(a) The Department of Health and Social Services may establish the following sections at the Center, under the direction of the Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health:
(1) A section for adults who suffer from mental and physical disorders, but who are without frank psychosis and who require only nursing care.
(2) Any other section which the Department of Health and Social Services deems related to health and welfare problems of adults.
(b) The Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families may establish the following sections at the Center, under the direction of the Division of Prevention and Behavioral Health Services:
(1) A section for the evaluation, care and treatment of adolescents who are either seriously emotionally maladjusted or have mental conditions, who are amenable to modern cure and treatment and who appear to meet the admissions criteria for care and treatment. Evaluation may include social, psychological and psychiatric study and examination.
(2) Any other sections which the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families deems related to mental health and welfare problems of children and youth.
Code 1935, § 3100F; 46 Del. Laws, c. 188, § 2; 16 Del. C. 1953, § 5304; 51 Del. Laws, c. 290; 54 Del. Laws, c. 279, § 3; 62 Del. Laws, c. 208, § 1; 64 Del. Laws, c. 108, § 27; 64 Del. Laws, c. 467, § 2; 73 Del. Laws, c. 41, § 1; 77 Del. Laws, c. 327, § 210(b); 78 Del. Laws, c. 179, § 204.;
§ 5304 Powers of Department of Health and Social Services and Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families; cooperation of other state agencies.
The Department of Health and Social Services and Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families may determine the size and accommodations required for any section established by the respective Departments pursuant to § 5303 of this title; the medical treatment, training and education of patients or persons admitted to such sections; and any and all matters or programs related to the study, comfort, care and treatment of each patient or persons. The Department of Health and Social Services and Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families, in making any of the foregoing determinations, may call upon and receive the cooperation, advice and assistance of any other state department, institution, commission or agency performing education, health or welfare functions.
§ 5305 Cost of maintenance supplied by State.
The costs of maintenance of the Center shall be borne by the State and shall be paid by the State Treasurer on orders or vouchers signed by the Secretary of the Department of Health and Social Services. The Department shall keep and maintain separate books of account for the Center.
§ 5306 Annual appropriation.
The General Assembly shall at every biennial session thereof provide an annual sum for the use and support of the Center which sum shall be paid by the State Treasurer as prescribed in § 5305 of this title.
Code 1935, § 3100D; 46 Del. Laws, c. 188, § 2; 16 Del. C. 1953, § 5307.;
§ 5307 Restriction on offensive use of property within 3 miles.
(a) No person shall erect or cause to be erected any structure, or use or cause to be used any structure or premises within a radius of 3 miles of the Governor Bacon Health Center for any of the following manufacturing activities:
(1) Pyroxylin manufacture or processing or the manufacture of explosive or highly flammable cellulose products;
(2) Fireworks or explosives manufacture;
(3) Animal glue or animal gelatine manufacture;
(4) Reduction of garbage, offal, animals or fish on a commercial basis;
(5) Operation of a tannery;
(6) Organic fertilizer manufacture.
However, nothing in this section shall prohibit the raising of poultry or livestock and the processing of the same or the processing of farm produce or the erection of any structure or installation of any facilities or the use of any structure, facilities or premises, for a manufacturing or industrial use not specified herein.
(b) Whoever violates this section shall be guilty of maintaining a nuisance and shall be enjoined as hereinafter provided.
(c) Whenever such nuisance exists, the Attorney General of the State or any person who is a citizen of the county, or has an office therein, may bring an action in equity in the name of the State upon the relation of such Attorney General or person to abate such nuisance and to perpetually enjoin the person maintaining the same from further maintenance thereof.