§ 3501 Declaration of policy.
(a) The General Assembly recognizes that supporting the elderly and adults with physical disabilities in a community setting is a priority for Delaware families. While it is an objective of the Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities to provide services that help older people and adults with physical disabilities remain independent in their homes or in their community, assistance identifying and accessing these services is often needed.
(b) By establishing the Delaware Aging and Disability Resource Center, the General Assembly intends to assist Delaware families by providing a one-stop access point for long-term care services and support for the elderly and adults with physical disabilities in this State.
§ 3502 Establishment of Delaware Aging and Disability Resource Center.
There is hereby established a Delaware Aging and Disability Resource Center within the Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities of the Department of Health and Social Services.
§ 3503 Responsibilities of the Delaware Aging and Disability Resource Center.
The Elder Care Information and Support System shall have the following responsibilities:
(1) Develop a statewide information and support system for Delaware families who are caring for elders locally or providing long-distance care giving;
(2) Establish an Alzheimer's Family Support Center to assist families confronting the devastation of Alzheimer's disease;
(3) Network with the Delaware business community to encourage their active role in providing assistance to their own employees;
(4) Network with other states and national organizations, such as the Washington Business Group on Health, to provide additional assistance to Delaware families; and
(5) Engage in such other activities as shall be deemed beneficial to further assist Delaware families in meeting their elder care responsibilities.